Client Account Manager (Part Time)
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 4 hours per day/20 hours per week
We are looking for someone who has a grounding knowledge and minimum of 1 years experience in preparing payroll, and 2 years experience in bookkeeping. A payroll or accounting qualification of at least AAT Level 3 (or equivalent) plus a payroll qualification is preferable. Knowledge/experience of Xero is beneficial, but not essential. You will be able to learn a very broad spectrum of the industry. Common sense is crucial. You will be liasing with clients, so you must be approachable and have a good telephone manner and be able to keep calm with some of our more challenging clients (although this is rare). The role will be very hands on, so it is important that you can work in a small team and accommodate different personalities. You should also be able to work independently. You must be good at taking instructions and thinking outside the box.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities – inclusive of, but not limited to:
• Preparing monthly payroll for a wide range of clients using Xero Payroll
• Preparing monthly CIS Subcontractor and Suffered returns using Xero
• Preparing VAT returns
• Bookkeeping for year end, to include maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
• Virtual Credit Control
• Preparing director Self Assessment Tax Returns
• Setting up new clients
• Dealing with HMRC & Companies House
• Answering the telephone and talking to clients
• Dealing with client queries
• General administrative duties
Salary discussed after initial interest.