Tag Archives: hmrc

Why you should consider payrolling benefits in kind

Payrolling benefits - header

If you provide staff with benefits in kind, such as company cars, medical insurance etc., you must report these annually to HMRC using forms P11D and P11d(b).  There’s another way to report benefits in kind – this is taxing them monthly through payroll instead. It’s called payrolling benefits in kind. Here are the main advantages […]

What is a Benefit in Kind?

Benefit in Kind header

If you employ people in your business, it’s likely you’ve heard the term “benefit in kind” batted around. It’s defined as… “A benefit in kind is any non-cash benefit of monetary value that you provide for your employee” – But what does that actually mean?  Essentially it’s when a company provides employees with job “perks” […]

What is Marriage Allowance?

Marriage allowance blog header

We all love to save money on tax where we can and one way to do this is through Marriage allowance tax relief but what is Marriage Allowance, who is eligible and how does it work? Who is eligible? Although it is called Marriage allowance, you do not have to be married to benefit. It […]

What to expect when changing accountants

Changing accountants is as simple as changing your shoes!

One problem we often come up against is the fact that prospective clients think it will be a nightmare with changing accountants – this is simply not the case. It’s not as difficult as some accountants make it out to be!  Infact, it’s a pretty simple process – just like changing your shoes! In an […]

What does my tax code mean?

Tax code header

Getting paid is lovely isn’t it? And of course it’s good practice to check your payslip, to see that everything is correct etc. I know you’ll be fully on it, checking if your hours are correct, the pay rate is right, that your pension contribution has gone through … But are you quite so clued […]

Can I pay my personal tax bill through my limited company?

Can I pay my personal tax bill through my limited company?

We often get asked this question, and the official answer is you should either save up personal funds to pay your tax bill, or withdraw the funds from your business as a dividend.  Then pay your tax bill to HMRC from your personal account. However, we do know in reality this is a bit of […]