Role: Senior Bookkeeper (Monday – Friday, Full Time)
What you will experience
On joining PPF you will have an opportunity to help our clients grow and achieve their goals, whilst also growing yourself and achieving your own personal goals.
You will be able to help build and shape PPF as we grow, and take an active role in improving processes and making the role your own. Your thoughts and ideas will not only be listened to, but encouraged and explored.
You will be able to work from home or wherever you want, as long as you have an internet connection – and have flexibility to set your own schedule around your family/life, so you don’t miss out on all those important life milestones – basically what suits you and your clients. You will work in a business that focuses on results and outcomes – not how many hours you put in.
You will join weekly Google Meet team meetings, and depending on where you are based you will also join our monthly in person days at The Residence in Bishops Stortford.
You will be required to join our annual team day, and also have the opportunity to attend XeroCon with the team, and other industry events and training opportunities.
You will get to work with some pretty amazing clients, across a range of industries. You will work in partnership with some really lovely people who value what you and PPF do.
You will have an amazing team to support you: people who love what they do, love this company, and care for each other! You will feel valued, appreciated and supported, and will be a part of something special that is really helping others to build the life they want, whilst also doing this for yourself.
What you will be doing
- Daily bookkeeping for a portfolio of complex clients using Xero & Dext
- Preparing monthly payroll for our larger clients using Xero Payroll
- Preparing monthly CIS subcontractor and suffered returns using Xero
- Preparing VAT returns
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
- Month end reviews
- Preparing update reports so clients understand their financial position
- Preparing director self assessment tax returns using Xero Tax
- Setting up new clients
- Dealing with HMRC & Companies House
- Joining annual reviews/tax planning meetings with clients
- Communicating proactively and understanding client needs
- Learning constantly (Excellence Value!), and help with training the team
- Assisting with blogs/videos/social media/marketing
- Taking an interest in every part of the business!
What we will give
- Salary range £24-£28k pa
- Clear career progression
- AAT Level 4 Apprenticeship via First Intuition
- Salary increases as your studies progress
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- 1 additional day’s holiday for each full year of service – up to 5 additional days
- Additional day off to enjoy your child’s first day at school
- Additional 3/4 days holiday for annual Christmas shut down (depending on how Christmas falls each year!)
- Member of AAT Employer Scheme & ACCA Approved Employer – full CPD plan
- Fully flexible working
- Work from home (or wherever you have wifi!)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Option to lease an EV via Salary Sacrifice
Who you need to be
- You are a bookkeeper currently studying AAT/ICB Level 4, or already completed
- You have 1 years experience within a practice
- You are UK based
- You have a good understanding of payroll, CIS, EU vat and sales – or be willing to learn these
- You love Xero!
- You will be someone who goes above and beyond basic bookkeeping and accounting – someone who will look after our clients, and give them the service they deserve! You will be somebody who understands we don’t just do bookkeeping & accounting – we help our clients to achieve their dreams.
- Confidence in communicating directly with clients, and advising them on all areas of accounting
- You’re comfortable with video – recording, introducing webinars, etc
- You can write – string a good sentence together, combining professionalism with a ‘real person’ element
- You love tech, and know about even more cool tech options than we do
- Experience working on a remote basis (you have to know you like it)
Ready to apply?
Pop over to our Careers page to learn more about working with Pink Pig Financials and our hiring process. If you’re ready to apply please click on the button below to complete our application form and upload a 3 minute video and copy of your CV.
Please don’t stress about the video, it doesn’t need to be a blockbuster, just something real! We use video a lot at PPF and it’s a great way for your application to stand out. Please tell us a little bit about you, how you live out our values and what excites you about working with Pink Pig Financials.