Role: Part or Fully Qualified Accountant – Full Time – UK Based
What you will experience
On joining PPF you will have an opportunity to help our clients grow and achieve their goals, whilst also growing yourself and achieving your own personal goals. You will get to work with a variety of businesses – both industry wise and stages.
You will be able to help build and shape PPF as we grow, and take an active role in improving processes and making the role your own. You will have room to grow and develop your own skills and take on more responsibility, with a potential career path to Senior Accountant. Your thoughts and ideas will not only be listened to, but encouraged and explored.
You will be able to work from home or wherever you want, as long as you have an internet connection (‘home’ is where the wifi is!) – and have flexibility to work around your family/life, so you don’t miss out on all those important life milestones. You will join weekly GoogleMeet team meetings and depending on where you are based you will also join our monthly in person days at The Residence in Bishops Stortford.
You will be required to join our annual team day each January at The Residence in Bishops Stortford, and also have the opportunity to attend XeroCon with the team, and other industry events (like Accountex, the Digital Accountancy Show and more!) and training opportunities.
You will have an amazing team to support you: people who love what they do, love this company, and care for each other! You will feel valued, appreciated and supported, and will be a part of something special that is really helping others to build the life they want, whilst also doing this for yourself.
What you will be doing
- Preparing year end accounts and corporation tax returns using Xero Tax
- Preparing management accounts/reports, budgets and forecasts using Fathom
- Preparing cashflow forecasts using Float
- Assist in business planning and coaching/accountability
- Reviewing self assessment tax returns using Xero Tax
- Dealing with HMRC & Companies House
- Company Incorporations
- Tax Planning and R&D work alongside Diagnostax
- Holding annual reviews/tax planning meetings with clients
- Networking and meeting with potential clients
- Communicating proactively and understanding client needs
- Supporting Bookkeepers
- Learning constantly (Excellence Value!), and help with training the team
- Assisting with blogs/social media/marketing
- Taking an interest in every part of the business!
What we will give
- Salary range £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
- Clear career progression path
- ACCA Level 7 Apprenticeship with First Intuition
- Fully flexible working
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays (self approved within our Holiday Policy)
- 1 additional day’s holiday for each full year of service – up to 5 additional days
- Additional 3/4 days holiday for annual Christmas shut down (depending on how Christmas falls each year!)
- ACCA Approved Employer – full CPD plan
- Work from home (or wherever you have wifi!)
- Income Protection Scheme
Who you need to be
- You are a part or fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/ACMA or equivalent)
- You have a minimum of 1 years experience within a practice
- You are UK based
- You have a good understanding of group accounting, EU vat and sales, entrepreneurial relief and other tax areas – or be willing to learn these.
- You love Xero!
- You will be someone who goes above and beyond basic accounting – someone who will look after our clients, and give them the service they deserve! You will be somebody who understands we don’t just do bookkeeping & accounting – we help our clients to achieve their dreams.
- Willing to learn and help to train the team to help them grow too
- Confidence in communicating directly with clients, and advising them on all areas of accounting
- You’re comfortable with video – recording, introducing webinars, etc
- You can write – string a good sentence together, combining professionalism with a ‘real person’ element
- You love tech, and know about even more cool tech options than we do
- Experience working on a remote basis (you have to know you like it)
Ready to apply?
Pop over to our Careers page to learn more about working with Pink Pig Financials and our hiring process. If you’re ready to apply please click on the button below to complete our application form and upload a 3 minute video and copy of your CV. Applications without a video will not be reconsidered.
Please don’t stress about the video, it doesn’t need to be a blockbuster, just something real! We use video a lot at PPF and it’s a great way for your application to stand out. Please tell us a little bit about you, how you live out our values and what excites you about working with Pink Pig Financials.